Outline of the workshop
The ESA Gaia mission is having a tremendous impact on our knowledge and understanding of small-scale structures in the Milky Way. Stellar clusters are at the crossroads of multiple topics in astronomy and astrophysics, from the formation of stars to their dispersal throughout the Galaxy.
This joint WG1/2 workshop of the EU COST action MW-Gaia will cover various topics such as stellar associations, open clusters in the Milky Way disc, globular clusters and streams in the halo, as well as synergies between Gaia and other missions and observational campaigns.
The sessions will be distributed over three half days, and will be entirely online.
Registration is now closed. Fill in the corresponding fields if you wish to submit a talk abstract.
Main topics and invited speakers
Young stars and star forming regions (Phillip Galli)
- Stellar evolution and asteroseismology (Andrea Miglio)
- Data mining in the Gaia catalogue (Marina Kounkel)
- Cluster dynamics (Eugene Vasiliev)
- Chemistry and synergies with ground-based surveys (Laia Casamiquela)
- Clusters as tracers of the Galactic structure and history (Angela Bragaglia)
Inspired by the space-age artwork of Mathew Maddison, adapted with the author's permission.