FROM THE AIRPORT
BY METRO: The subway or "metro" connects both terminals of the Airport with Barcelona underground network since February 2016. The line is called L9 Sud. There are stops at T1 (inside the building) and T2 (outside the building, next to train station), in both cases follow the signs. You can take L9 until the metro towards ZONA UNIVERSITARIA and change to Line 3 (GREEN). Once in Line 3 (GREEN), get off in PALAU REIAL. Check this map of Barcelona city public transport. The bus routes are not included in this map.
BY BUS: There is a bus as well (Aerobus) which takes you downtown from the airport. You will find the bus stop as you leave any of the airport terminals. It runs every 5 min, approx and the price of a single ticket is 5,9 Eur. Take the bus to PLAÇA D'ESPANYA (first stop in town). Once there, look for the metro station; take Line 3 (GREEN) towards ZONA UNIVERSITARIA and get off in PALAU REIAL.
BY TRAIN: Alternatively, there is a train (Renfe) every 30 min which takes you to Sants Central Station and to downtown. The train station at the airport is close to Terminal 2 (T2, lowcost terminal), there is a footbridge. From Terminal 1 (T1) there is a shuttle bus connecting to T2 (then you need to cross the footbridge). Terminal C (Barcelona-Madrid shuttle) is part of the T2. You want to exit at SANTS ESTACIO. Once there look for the Metro Station, Line 3 (GREEN) towards ZONA UNIVERSITARIA and get off in PALAU REIAL.
BY TAXI: If you decide to take a taxi, this may cost around 25 euros, but the price varies depending on traffic.
FROM SANTS TRAIN STATION
Go to the main hall of the station and look for Metro Line 3 (GREEN). Now follow instructions given above
- Right by the entrance to the Metro there is an information booth where you can get a free plan of the metro line.
- If you're carrying heavy luggage, you should be aware that it's a fairly long walk from the hall of Sants Station to the platform for line 3, through underground corridors with several stairways and often without lifts nor escalators.
COMING BY CAR
The ICCUB is on Diagonal Avenue, in the upper part of the city, at the right-hand-side if you drive towards the city center. From Diagonal Avenue, driving towards the city center, turn right in Martí i Franquès and you are there. The parking space is very limited, so we do not encourage this option to the school attendants.
Beware: you should never, ever, try to come by car if there's a football match at the nearby stadium of FC Barcelona.
To look for more detailed instructions: Google Maps
- Accommodation for visitors: Recommended accommodation for visitors, with detailed instructions about how to reach them from the ICCUB.
- The website of Barcelona city: Official page of Barcelona, which includes all kinds of information about the city (for both citizens and tourists).
- Barcelona Public Transportation (TMB): Including:
- Going to: Find the best combination to go from one place to another.
- Tickets and fares: Find the types of public transportation tickets that you can use and their prices. For casual travel within the city, we recomend the Travel card T-casual 1 zone, which allows 10 combined journeys inside the Barcelona Metropolitan Area in any means of transportation. However, note that T-casual DOES NOT allow travel to and from the Airport. You will need a dedicated airport ticket, or a holder-specific travel card T-usual 1 zone which allows for unlimited travel within Barcelona Metropolitan Area for 30 days. With the current (until June 30, 2023) discounted prices, T-usual 1 zone is just 20 euros (less than two airport tickets + T-casual). Thus, if you are coming from the airport via Metro or Train, and intend to do any sightseeing, T-usual 1 zone is the best travel card to get. When buying T-usual, you will have to enter your passport number for identification.
- RENFE: Official web of the Spanish Railway Company.
- Taxi radio station (in Spanish): Phone numbers of taxi radio stations operating in Barcelona